Skip to main content

If My Wife Divorces Me, Her Children Will Not Inherit My Property – Lagos Man Tells Court


4

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo says his visits to the Niger Delta region was as a result of the directive of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The acting president made this known on his official Facebook page.
His full statement read:
“I bring you his warm and heartfelt greetings. He asked me to conduct these visits to oil producing communities and has a keen interest in all that we have been doing on the visits to the Niger Delta and he took particular note of my visit to Cross Rivers state.
“Calabar is a great state, world famous as Nigeria’s first capital, home of the first international carnival in sub- Saharan Africa, home of Tinapa and the first monorail in Nigeria, and now the first solar-powered Industrial park in Nigeria.
“My children will never inherit my property either dead or alive if my wife divorces me,’’ a 39-year-old fruit seller, Amidu Olalere, told an Igando Customary Court on Friday in Lagos.
Olalere said this while responding to a divorce suit filed by his wife, Adeola, for the dissolution of their 11-year-old marriage on the grounds of constant battering.
Olalere, who accused his wife of starving him of conjugal rights said: “My wife is always denying me my conjugal rights, and whenever I reported her to her mother, she will ask me how many times will I be having it with her daughter.
Olalere said this while responding to a divorce suit filed by his wife, Adeola, for the dissolution of their 11-year-old marriage on the grounds of constant battering
“She would ask me not to kill her with what is rightfully mine, instead of admonishing her.”
The respondent said his wife moved out from his house with the children in January to stay with her mother and that whenever he called her, her mother would be raining curses on him.
“There was a day my mother-in-law cursed me, and I also cursed her that thunder will kill her.”
He said his mother-in-law was always accusing him of planning to use her daughter for ritual.
On whether the children are his, Olalere said that he doubted the paternity of the four children.
“Whenever my wife and I quarrel, she tells me that the children are not mine; so, I am confused if truly the children belong to me,’’ he said.
The husband, however, pleaded with the court not to dissolve the marriage, saying in spite of her shortcomings he still loves her.
Earlier, the wife had accused her husband beating her on the slightest provocation.
“He once beat me to the point that I fainted and I was hospitalised for four days.
“When I was on admission, none of his family members came to see me since we all live in a family house and my husband also refused to pay the bills,” she said, urging the court to terminate the marriage.
“I am no longer interested in the marriage.”
After listening to their submissions, the President of the court, Mr Adegboyega Omilola, adjourned the case until July 25 for judgment.
Consequently, this has thrown the residents of Kagurdna, Kakau district of Chikun local government area of Kaduna state in a state of fear.
The abduction of the 60-year old wife of the village head, Chief Amos Yerima by suspected Fulani gunmen was said to have taken place on the morning of Friday June 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Checkout The Naijaloaded Top 10 Songs For The Month Of August 2017 (Guess Who Made The No. 1)

The month of August was a month of major musical hit for some musicians, while to some, it was a “get back on your feet” month, to others in was a collaboration month. I am so sure you as a listener enjoyed most bangers that dropped in the month of July/August. As usual Naijaloaded has come up with its  monthly top 10 songs . This list was determined based on downloads, comments, likes, and shares on Naijaloaded. So sit back, grab a cup of chilled water and see the TOP 10 songs for the month of August. The list goes thus:- 10. Olamide Ft. Davido – Summer Body Summer Body  stays on the number  10th  spot on our list of top 10 music for the month of August. Although, the Song was released in July and was considered as one of the most anticipated songs of all times in Nigeria. Summer Body  currently has  653,784 Download  and  400+ comments  on Naijaloaded. Enjoy!! Download Summer Body Ft. Davido 9. Mama By Mayorkun The singer who is currently touring the co

'Means business' - Arsenal fans notice what has happened to Gabriel Martinelli during suspension

b Arsenal forward Gabriel Martinelli has taken to social media to give an insight into his training routine amid the Premier League suspension. There has now been no Premier League football for over a month due to the coronavirus pandemic around the world. The outbreak has also meant that players are unable to take part in training sessions at the London Colony training centre as usual. Therefore, the responsibility of keeping up their fitness routine and maintaining their match fitness falls on the shoulders of the players themselves. It seems that it is something Martinelli is taking very seriously. The young Brazilian has impressed in his first season at Arsenal and will be looking to carry on from where he left off when the season returns. The 18-year-old posted a picture on his Instagram account of him using weights along with a caption reading: “Stay healthy.”

BREAKING!!! Olamide Becomes Sterling Bank Ambassador (See Photos)

Nigerian hip hop recording artist, Olamide Adedeji, popularly known as Olamide Baddo is now a Sterling bank ambassador. The bank shared photos from the contract signing today on their twitter page and wrote; “Guys, guess who’s the latest member of the Sterling Bank #STEM family?  ”